Board Game Rental
Effective as of Tuesday, January 12th: During the provincial stay-at-home order, we will not be offering board game rentals. We will still continue to offer free same-day local board game deliveries, if ordered before 5 PM. If ordered after 5 PM, it will be added to the next day’s delivery.
Improbable Escapes: Wonderland has a game rental program! For nominal fees, you can rent out one of the games in our board game library. The minimum length of renting any games is 3 days.
For 3 days: rent 1 game for $10.50, 2 games for $15.75.
- The renter must keep the items in the same condition as when it was received. Ordinary wear is expected. No alterations or attachments may be made to items.
- The items must stay in the possession of the renter.
- Items that are being rented must be picked up and dropped off at Improbable Escapes: Wonderland (500 Gardiners Road, Unit 12A, Kingston) during open operating hours. There are no delivery options available for rentals.
- Renter must be 18 years of age or older.
- Renter must show government issued photo identification and credit card at the time of rental.
- Item rentals are a minimum of 3 days.
- If the renter fails to return the items by the original due date, $3.50 + tax per item will be charged per day to a max of the retail cost of the item.
- If your due date falls on a day Improbable Escapes: Wonderland is closed (i.e. Christmas Day), it must be returned the next day.
- Pickups and returns must be between 5PM-6PM daily. We can accommodate other times only by request.
We are not offering our rental service during the provincial stay at home order. Please sign up above to be notified when our board game rental system re-opens!
3 days. You can add additional days for $3.50/item per day.
To rent one game for three days, the cost is $10.50+tax. The cost to rent two games for 3 days is $15.75+tax.
No, you’re renting an open copy that we have in our board game library.
We have built a similar system to what we created for our board game library with the help of public health. Between rentals, the game will be in quarantine for 72 hours (similar to libraries). It will also be sanitized with UVC lamps and disinfectants during this period. Please note: this means games cannot be rented back to back, our system places a 72-hour block on renting the same game after returning it back to us.
You will continue to be charged every 24 hours for an additional day of renting the game ($3.50/item), to a max of paying 100% of the full retail cost of the game.