COVID-19 FAQ & PRECAUTIONS
The safety and comfort of our staff and guests are our highest priority during this time. We are implementing a variety of new measures to reduce contact and increase sanitization and cleaning procedures.
Kingston will go into Grey-Lockdown as of Saturday, December 26th. Here are our guidelines:
- Online games are still open
- In-person games will be closed
- We have extended offerings for our online games, and added additional spots for these games to accommodate different time zones.
- Hot Chocolate Incident has been extended through until the end of January
- Our retail store will be closed to the public, but available for online shopping 24/7. We offer free same-day local delivery or curb-side pickup.
- We are introducing a board game rental system.
How to support our small business during lockdown:
- Make a booking for an online game
- Share the gift of escaping: buy a loved one a gift certificate for Improbable Escapes (can be used on escape rooms, board games, and more!)
- Subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of this page
- Buy a cup of coffee for our staff!
Stay safe, escapees!
Additional guidelines for when we reopen to the public
All payments will now be handled in advance to reduce contact in our lobbies. If your numbers change after your booking, please give us a call. We will refund any lower numbers, or we will charge for any additional players using the credit card on file with the customer’s permission. You can reschedule or cancel your game (with full refunds) up to 48 hours prior to your game. Within 48 hours prior to your game, we will be unable to cancel your booking, and no refund will be issued. If you or any member of your team is experiencing COVID symptoms within 48 hours of your game, we will reschedule without penalty. Learn more about our prices here.
Masks are now mandatory to enter any commercial establishment in the Kingston area, under order from Public Health. You will not be permitted to enter our facilities without a mask, unless you are unable to wear a mask due to an exemption from wearing a face covering under the Section 22 Order. (Details can be found here). If you arrive at our facility and forget your mask, please remain outdoors and call us at 1-800-570-0436. Children over the age of 2 must wear a mask. A game master will bring you a disposable mask, for $1+HST per mask. Masks will need to be worn inside our facilities and game spaces, as this is required under law.
We have added extra time between our games to do a full sanitization and clean in between bookings. Game Masters will be wearing gloves when resetting and cleaning games. All customers upon entering our facility will be asked to sanitize their hands. Everyone on-site, including staff, will be wearing face coverings. All counters, payment systems, and surfaces will be sanitized in between customer use. Please note: At Improbable Escapes HQ, the restrooms on site are shared facilities for the entire building, so we highly recommend using the restrooms prior to coming to Improbable Escapes HQ.
Other Precautions We're Taking
- You will be sent a waiver for your game in advance, if applicable, for you to complete before coming into our facility. This will reduce your time in our facility and reduce contact with our staff.
- We encourage physical distancing. Our staff will be maintaining a 6 foot (2 metre) distance from you at all times. Teams will have designated spots in our lobby to stand and wait, to ensure they are physically distancing between anyone else that may need to be in our lobby at the same time.
- All of our employees complete a pre-screen before they enter any of our facilities.
- If a guest refuses to wear a mask, and it’s not under exemption under the public health order, we will be asking the guest to leave without refund. We, by law, have to enforce this. This is out of our control.
- All of our games were private bookings, and will continue to be private bookings. This means that it will be only your team in the game, no one else will be added to your booking.
- We are turning more of our games into online offerings
- Our cleaning process includes (but isn’t limited to) using hospital grade cleaners and disinfectants, and UV lights.
Please, Be Kind
We are a small business navigating all of the rules and laws that we must abide by to be allowed to open at this time. Procedures will be a bit different, games will be a bit different. We’ve made these changes to ensure we can keep you and our team safe.
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please email our team at email@example.com, and we will get back to you within 48 hours.