Current job postings
Role: Administrative Assistant & Content Creator
Experience Level: Entry
Status: Full time, Permanent (37.5 hours/week)
Hours: Tuesdays – Saturdays with afternoon and evening shifts
Job locations: Improbable Escapes HQ (downtown Kingston) and Improbable Escapes Wonderland (Kingston west-end)
Improbable Escapes is looking for a zealous Administrative Assistant & Content Creator to support the Marketing and Sales department of our company in its primary duties.
Improbable Escapes is a tourism and hospitality business that specializes in interactive entertainment. With a heavy focus in escape rooms, theatre, and board games, we are looking for an individual with similar interests that would enjoy working with other creative team members.
Job responsibilities include:
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Answering incoming phone calls, emails, social media account messages
- Receiving and sorting daily mail
- Ordering inventory items as needed for board game cafe and escape rooms
- Updating company manuals and policies
- Completing any administrative work delegated by management
- Corresponding with corporate/B2B clients
- Regularly create content and post on social media accounts, such as TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Assist customers with questions, process payments, and arrange merchandise on shelves and displays in the board game shop
- Strong and professional communication
- Comfortable being in front of a camera and creating content based on trends
- Understanding of relevant trends on various social media platforms
- 2 years + of administrative work experience
- The capacity to work independently
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environments
- Lover of board games
- Has played escape rooms before
- Has examples of content created for personal or professional accounts
- Tourism and hospitality work experience
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Improbable Escapes team has a wide variety of skill sets, including but not limited to puzzle and game design, set design, technical direction, building, carpentry, theatrical, and public speaking. Think you’re a good fit for our team? Fill out the form and we will get back to you if you’re a suitable candidate.
Improbable Escapes is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and Employees and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or any other characteristic protected by local law.